The remarkable landscapes of Moab Utah, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Dead Horse Point State Park and the Colorado River corridor attract professional photographers willing to share insights on technique, composition, inspiration, field photography fundamentals spiced with comradelier. Here is the 2011 list of workshops based out of Moab Utah. Moab Transportation 2011 information is available also.
- February 20 -24 2011 Winter in Arches Ramada Inn Joseph Rossbach
- April 1-6 2011 available Hasselblad Panoramic Red Cliffs Lodge Peter Lorber
- April 2& 3 2011 Colorado Plateau Moab Valley Inn Bob Maynard
- April 29 – May 2 2011 & May 10 – 13 2011 Nikonian Academy Holiday Inn Express Winston C. Hall
- May 2 – 5 2011 The Needles District of Canyonlands Camping Tom Till
- May 11-15 2011 Scenic Light Bob Evans
- May 12-15 2011 Moab Photo Symposium Moab Arts and Recreation Center Bruce Hucko, Tom Till, Joan Myers, Jeff Vanuga, Michael Frye, Steve Traudt, Nat Coalson, Rod Hanna, Rory Tyler
- July 2 2011 Nature Photography Boot Camp Bret Edge
- September 3 2011 Nature Photography Boot Camp Bret Edge
- September 18-22 2011 Arches Photo Workshop Moab Valley Inn Margo Pinkerton & Arnie Zann
- October 4- 8 2011 Arches & Canyonlands Photo WorkshopSalvatore Vasapoll
- October 22 2011 Nature Photography Boot Camp Bret Edge
- October 24-28 2011 Arches / Canyonlands National Park Workshop Hampton Inn Andy Cook
- November 6-12 2011 Arches National Park - Night Photography Tom Till
- November 17-29 2011 Arches & Canyonlands Photography Workshop Bret Edge
- December 5- 11 2011 Arches National Park Photography in Winter Gonzo Inn Tom Till
- May – October 2011 Stand by for Nature Photography Boot Camp Bret Edge
February 20 -24 2011
Joseph Rossbach will teach a variety of techniques—both in the field and in the classroom—that will allow you to advance both your technical skills and artistic vision. A number of professional field techniques are taught to help create dramatic and powerful nature images. Participants will work with dramatic light, including sunrise and sunset; get instruction on the fundamentals of powerful compositions; use long exposure techniques for incorporating time and motion into photographs; shoot night photography and abstract techniques.
April 1-6 2011
Panoramic Photography Workshop featuring Hasselblad H4D cameras and lenses. This is your opportunity to work with the GigaPan System, motorized and manual VR equipment, various stitching programs and Hasselbad’s Phocus software. Your instructors will be world-renowned panoramic photographers, Peter Lorber and Fred Yake along with post production specialist and photographer Courtenay Gilbert.
April 2-3 2011
Bob Maynard leads participants to shoot rock art, ruins and stunning rock formations. With favorable weather night light painting sessions will take place as well as sunset shots in Moab's surrounding parks. With enough interest get to shoot with Bob's Manfrotto pan head to capture panoramas.
April 29- May 2011
Winston C. Hall instructs ten participants to learn about field photography, developing photographic vision, digital workflow, Nikon Capture NX tutorial, and understanding the Exposure Trifecta.
May 2 - 5 2011
Tom Till and Jon Fuller manage an incredible journey of landscapes, wildflowers, cactus, sunsets, sunrise, Native American ruins and rock art accessed in Needles District of Canyonlands National Park by rugged 4WD, camping and photography.
May 11-15 2011
Bob Evans includes the photo locations of Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Dead Horse Point and a moonlight shoot and lectures on light, composition, filters, the color zone system, Photoshop CS4, Lightroom, and Photomatrix HDR software.
May 12-15 2011
The Moab Photo Symposium is a collective of professional photographers: Bruce Hucko, Tom Till, Joan Myers, Jeff Vanuga, Michael Frye, Steve Traudt, Nat Coalson, Rod Hanna, and Rory Tyler.
July 2 or September 3 or October 22 2011
Bret Edge leads a Nature Photography Boot Camp in this 1 day Workshop in Moab Utah.
September 18-22 2011
Margo Pinkerton & Arnie Zann have planned early-morning and late-afternoon shoots; mid-day downloading of your images and processing with the latest version of Lightroom; daily critiques, both individual and group; and discussions on various aspects of photography, including digital workflow.
Oct 4- 8 2011
Working in Arches and Canyonlands 'Island-in-the-Sky' shooting, Salvatore Vasapoll also includes an evening shooting mountain bikers using wildlife techniques on the world famous Slickrock Trail. We will eat great Mexican food and taste the fine locally brewed beer.
Oct 24-28 2011
This workshop is geared for the intermediate to advanced photographer. Andy Cook focuses on instructing about appealing compositions of each location - Arches, Canyonlands and Dead Horse Point. Expect extensive discussions on equipment, exposure, metering, filters and Photoshop. Please bring any images you would like to have Andy critique.
Nov 6-12 2011
Tom Till on night skies, instructs about techniques of light painting, and photographing both star points and star trails in the spectacular natural scenery of the Moab area. In addition to the night landscape sessions, you will have the opportunity to learn from Jon Fuller too, plus photograph Arches and Canyonlands National Parks in prime landscape sunrise and sunset light as well.
November 17- 20 2011
Bret Edge leads guided photo excursions to learn the craft of nature photography. Shooting in Arches, Canyonlands and Dead Horse Point Parks. Classroom sessions are led by an Adobe Certified Expert designed to develop an efficient digital workflow using the latest versions of Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop.
Dec 5- 11 2011
Tom Till and Jon Fuller create a unique opportunity to learn to photograph the natural landscape of Arches and Canyonlands National Parks and the surrounding area in winter utilizing the most remarkable seasonal light. This workshop also discusses digital work flow, fine art printing, and post-processing techniques in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.